Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Thu Mar 15, 2001  3:41 pm
Subject:  New work by Handel discovered

Thought I'd reprint a letter I received:

Dear Friends and Family:
I thought you might be interested in the following which just came to me
from our eldest son, Dick, in Ottawa, Canada. Perhaps some of you have
already heard this news, but I had not.
March 13, 2001

Hi Dad,

Have you heard about the fantastic new find in England of a previously
unknown manuscript by Handel? The work is entitled Gloria in Excelsis
Deo, and it was discovered in a tightly bound collection of Handel's arias.
Its world premier will take place later this year, and some experts are
forecasting that it will rival the Messiah in popularity. Apparently it
is scored for a chamber orchestra and features utterly beautiful soprano
arias. It is exciting to realize that some of the old archives are still
hiding treasures for future discovery.

Much love, Dick

Heads up, sopranos. New paths to walk.

Dean

--
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml
"The great danger for humans is that we will walk by the

emusic.com