Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Wed Mar 14, 2001  3:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist]Reiki

reiki I seems to have had a permanent effect in the reduction of stress
and even though i find it a little hard to believe, i do think there is
something to the hands on thing. however, the reiki crowd that claim
exclusivity to this power are incorrect. it is something that seems to be a
byproduct of some martial arts study as well as the study of accupunture.

the claims that reiki II makes one capable of absentee healing i find to
be absolutely outrageous crapola. during my reiki II training, my teacher
brought out louise hay's book that detailed psychological causes of disease.
there were things in there like allergies being caused by 'not wanting to
let the world in' or something like that. leprosy, she said, was caused by
'an inability to deal with everything'. but the best was the psychological
cause of constipation, 'an inability to let go'. i know that louise hay's
book has nothing to do with reiki but, similar babble about reiki was the
beginning of the end in my participation in this most nurturing of pyramid
schemes.

if reiki II and beyond works for you, that's fine but, i believe the
benefits felt to be mostly psycho-ceramic.

mike

emusic.com