Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Tue Mar 13, 2001  10:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Gay? Re: What's a countertenor?

At 09:47 AM 13-03-01 -0800, you wrote:
>Reg Boyle <bandb@n...> wrote:
>
> > I hesitate....but let's not divert another glorious word as happened to
> GAY.
>
>I'm not really sure what you're saying here, but I can run with it and
>follow up my last message about gender stuff. As I said, what people
>consider natural and false is always going to be in reference at least in
>part to their culture's gender ideology.

Then being forthright ,as I always prefer, culture and custom has decreed
just what a tenor is. Let us not divert the expression. A tenor, is a quality
that we all recognise, so if there was to be a term to describe the CT it
would have to parallel that other strange name...the female tenor...and become
....the male soprano. Is that not acceptable?
It certainly describes the quality. Reg.

"One must have loved a woman of genius
to comprehend the happiness of loving a fool."

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10251 Gay? Re: What's a countertenor? Tako Oda   Wed  3/14/2001   3 KB
10257 Re: Gay? Re: What's a countertenor? Reg Boyle   Wed  3/14/2001   3 KB
10261 Gay? Re: What's a countertenor? Tako Oda   Thu  3/15/2001   3 KB

emusic.com