Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Mar 12, 2001  6:22 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] When and IF will it happen ?

In a message dated 3/12/2001 12:51:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cantabella_nf@y... writes:
cantabella_nf@y... writes:

<< Don't give up before you jump off
the diving board! If you don't really believe
you
can produce the sound or effect you definitely
will not get the desired result. i have a young
but very round lyric soprano i'm training and
she winces every time we get past the passagio.
I tell her you must fall in love with
your own sound. Bask in it.
As in sports follow through think the desired
result and revel in the afterglow. :-) >>

nancy,

for some strange reason this made me think of a friend of mine having
problems with his golf swing. on his downswing, he had an odd habit lunging
forward with his whole body, including his head, before he hit the ball
(causing it to go right if he didn't flip his hands). he asked us all if we
knew any good ways to help him stop lunging. an old regular at the club
house said "why don't you practice your swing at the edge of the roof of a
tall building?" it's actually a good idea if he managed to live long enough
to get the feel of it.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10160 Re: When and IF will it happen ? Nancy Fontana   Mon  3/12/2001   3 KB

emusic.com