Vocalist.org archive

From:  deliamay@h...
deliamay@h...
Date:  Tue Mar 6, 2001  6:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] When and IF will it happen ?

Dear Mike and to everyone who has responded to this poor fach-less
soprano. I tried this morning to make an exagerated Opera sound and
was joined shortly after by a woman in the apartment below singing
neapolitan-style, a barking dog and was that the faint siren of a
police car……?
I do feel a bit inhibited practising at home and this is probably why
I am not making fast progress. Also I probably need a pushier
teacher - still, i can't really expect someone else to drag it out of
me can I ? My teacher by the way HAS improved my voice enormously.
It may be that being more actress than singer I am shying off
operatic sounds in case i can't get back to 'normal singing' (just
joking) - who knows ? In acting, I like to play widely diverse
characters, preferably different to my own personality, so I suppose
in singing too I would like if possible to sing in different styles,
but I would also like to be able to go a bit operatic when called for!
Anyway I have found all your comments most useful. I love this
website - it's such a mine of information. I lost it for a while then
finally managed to track it down.
Thanks everyone
Delia May

emusic.com