Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Buffy@t..." <>
Date:  Thu Apr 20, 2000  8:32 pm
Subject:  The capabilities of Sibelius

Other than it is a fine notation software, it is has a feature that allows you to post your score to the internet, using the plugin from Sibelius (easy to install).  Once you get the plug in, you will see the score, and if you have a midi device soundcard installed, you will be able to look at the music, play it and study it from your computer.

The example I have here is Marietta's Lied.  It is my first rendering on Sibelius, and needs a lot of work.  The tempi are not quite right, and the midi instrumentation is not what I want for my final product, but not bad for first try.

Anyway, the great thing about this is that composers can get their music out on the web and allow people to sample it without risking losing because it can't be copied, or printed.  The composer can choose to post it using Adobe PDF's and even post the midi or they can put a link to their publisher's site and you can down load for a fee.

Comments??
Buffy Hunt

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1158 Re: The capabilities of Sibelius John Alexander Blyth   Tue  4/25/2000   3 KB

emusic.com