Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Mar 10, 2001  1:44 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Okay, what's this pitch thing about ?

hey, this discussion just reminded me of something my friends and i used
to do in high school. one of us (usually out of six or seven of us) would
give a downbeat and, without any preperation, we'd try to sing the same
pitch. after awhile, we got it down to where we'd all be singing the same
pitch by the third try. one day, a glorious spring day in 1975, six of us
sang the same pitch on the first try. we never did figure out how we did
this. we chalked it up to 'hank', a music teacher from the old school who
proved to us all, that the old school, when it comes to education, is
unrivaled.

mike

emusic.com