Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shannon <Cantante@x...>
Shannon <Cantante@x...>
Date:  Fri Mar 9, 2001  7:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Okay, what's this pitch thing about ?

I'm thinking it must be a tibre thing -- whatever it is, I have the same
danged problem. It is embarrasingly difficult for me to take a pitch
off of a piano, and I have never understood why. Believe me, I can hear
pitches on the piano, can tell when they change, etc. But it's taken a
LOT of work for me to fairly easily take my pitch from the piano -- but
to this day, heaven help me if it's buried somewhere in the chord stack,
and not on either end.

Give me the same chord with violas, or cellos, or French Horns,
or... anything but piano or harpsichord or guitar, and I'm fine.

Go figger.

Shannon Smith cantante@x...

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a
horrible warning.
--Catherine Aird

emusic.com