Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Fri Mar 9, 2001  6:26 pm
Subject:  Countertenor Taboo (was: silence of the lambs (errr... list))

Oberon603@a... wrote:

> While some of us still sing lute songs, the majority of the CT's that are
> coming up now specialize in opera; & like Karen said, there are quite a few
> of us that are doing a dam good job at it. Why should we not be included in
> discussions on this list. If that's the case I'm out!!

Now, I have to ask this question... your statement almost suggests that a
lutesong countertenor (or pop or choral) should not be included in
discussions on this list. I know that's not what you mean, but it brings up
a subtle assumption I think many of us carry. The culture of vocalist
considers anything none operatic is somewhat off-topic. This is not to say
all of us feel this way, but there are enough who do that it doesn't always
feel like home to me.

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10092 Re: Countertenor Taboo Reg Boyle   Sat  3/10/2001   3 KB

emusic.com