Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Thu Apr 20, 2000  2:47 pm
Subject:  MusicTime, etc.,was: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Noteworthy

And just to add: all Passport Designs products have been taken over by a
company called GVOX, which seems to have everything up and running again,
including tech support, after Passport Designs' bankruptcy, and I've
already downloaded a fix for one of the most annoying bugs via their site (
http://www.gvox.com ) john

At 02:30 PM 4/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
>John Alexander Blyth wrote:
>
>> But MusicTime, is just a stripped down version of Encore! I use Encore to
>> make big orchestral scores. I would suppose that MusicTime would be
just fine
>> for voice+piano or even vocal/choral scores.
>
>Absolutely correct. I do have Encore which I planned to use for orchestra
>scores but I have not had to use it for a couple of years. If you go to
Epilogue
>Records MP3 station at
>http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/3/epilogue_recording_artists.html you
can hear
>what we can do in our studios with MusicTime. Every piece of accompaniment
was
>scored, sequenced and MIDI played using MusicTime except the Good Folk music
>which was not totally played via MIDI. 'Amazing Grace', by the Good Folk
is a
>mix of MIDI and instruments. With 16 staves, each holding up to four-note
chords
>or four independant sequences, we have the ability, if needed, to sequence 64
>individually sequenced tracks, not enough for an orchestra, but good
enough for
>our purposes.
>
>BTW- MusicTime by Passport Systems is being sold at McCormacks for $49.
>McCormacks? On line it's at http://www.mccormicksnet.com/musictmd.htm with a
>money back guarantee if you're not satisfied. They haven't had one returned
>yet, I understand. Also, they used to have demos of the software. You might
>send email to them and ask.
>
>--
>Dean FH Macy, Lit.D./Mus.D.
>
>"Specializing in Management of exceptionally talented youth in Music"
><http://www.newenglandtalent.org> EPI Records - NetWork Films
>
>"Making children do something they don't want to do is the job of the
parents.
>If that doesn't work, there are always juvenile detention centers." -
Mike R.