Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Thu Mar 8, 2001  3:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] students with pitch problems

I don't pretend to know how to help these poor folks unless it's a problem
with registration, which sometimes it is. Otherwise I truly believe it is a
nuerological problem much like color blindness. The part of the brain that
hears pitch is ok, they listen to and appreciate music. However the part of
the brain that imposes pitch on the folds and the part that then monitors to
see if the pitch perceived and the pitch produced do not communicate well. I
know some people say they have success in this area, but it's most likely
with those that have registration issues and not true tone deafness.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com