Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tenore Lirico <tenorelirico@e...>
Tenore Lirico <tenorelirico@e...>
Date:  Thu Mar 8, 2001  8:09 am
Subject:  placement vs tension

I'm working on getting the voice out of my throat (so to speak). The trouble I'm
having is being able to distinguish when and if I'm trying to help this
placement by using my tongue/throat.
Are there any clues I could possibly look for to help ascertain whether or not I
am doing it correctly? The other question that directly ties into this is I
sometimes try to make sure my throat is as open as possible during onsets, yet
it feels that the tone doesn't go as forward/high in the hard pallet area. Is
this normal? Is there a way to find a balance?

thanks!!!
T.L.

Greypins@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10010 Re: placement vs tension Greypins@a...   Thu  3/8/2001   3 KB
10016 Re: placement vs tension John Link   Thu  3/8/2001   4 KB
10018 Re: placement vs tension John Link   Thu  3/8/2001   2 KB
10028 Re: placement vs tension Caio Rossi   Thu  3/8/2001   3 KB
10102 Re: placement vs tension Tenore Lirico   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB

emusic.com